Thursday, February 2, 2012

Are You Ready For Some Football?!!

Woooohoooo Super Bowl!!  I love football, especially the New England Patriots!  I have been watching them since I was a little girl, I remember watching them when they use to practice at Bryant College.  I received Drew Bledsoe's autograph a few times, it was always so exciting!
For the most part the Patriots have had an awesome season.  There have been lots of ups and downs, good plays and bad plays but that is like everything in life.  I do have to say that that Wilfolk was awesome this season!  I loved all of his interceptions :)  Can't forget Gronk and Hernandez, they did amazing this season! No matter what anyone says, they deserve to be in this Super Bowl.  Just because their last game wasn't that great it doesn't matter, it's not like the Ravens played so great either.  The Super Bowl is about the whole football season!  Now with that said haha:
It has been stated in many of my previous blogs that usually paint and draw the things I love.  My boyfriend wasn't as always into the NFL like I am but loves football just as much as I do.  He would always watch college ball, his team being the Michigan Wolverines.  I have to admit I like watching them almost as much as watching the Patriots (almost ;) ).  I wanted to paint him a picture with the Michigan's team colors and stuff on canvas.  I was originally going to paint only the M in the background and the helmet in front of it.  But then....I asked his opinion haha.  He wanted me to try and paint the field in the background. 

I don't think it looks too bad but I would've much preferred not having the green in back.  And to tell you the truth I think he agrees with me on that.  I had some trouble painting the yellow M because I had originally made one part a little smaller than and when I tried to paint over the green, it didn't work so well.  The yellow was a little thinner than the green.  (To make the green I mixed the yellow and blue.  The blue paint thickened up the yellow.)
Maybe during the summer I will try painting him another picture but this time I will show him at the very end.

I have posted pictures of my sports hats that I like to draw.  Here I tried drawing a hat next to a football:
I really like this picture, the Patriots symbol is there just enough to have a presence.  The bottom and top of that football gave me such trouble but I kept at it.  I think you can even see all of my eraser marks on the side.  Sometimes I feel like my pieces are unfinished.  For instance, this picture, I would really like to see it have a background.  But in the moment I left it, and when I look back on it I'm not even sure what I would like to put back there.  So for now it's staying the way it is.  I tried drawing my first Patriots helmet, for my first time I think it came out ok:
There are some things that are off on it but it's just something I need to practice.

Here are some great Super Bowl recipes that I got off pinterest.com:

http://picturetherecipe.com/index.php/recipes/game-day-snacks-football-pizza-pockets/
http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes/garlic_white_bean_dip.html
http://www.inspiredbycharm.com/2012/01/very-pinteresting-delicious-dips.html
http://theglitterguide.com/2012/01/30/white-chocolate-confetti-popcorn/
http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2012/01/30/melty-pizza-hummus/

These all look so good!  I will hopefully be trying to make some for the game.  There are a thousand recipes out there, try to make one that that you don't usually make for the game...celebrate :)

I hope everyone enjoys the game and is rooting for the Patriots!!!
Until next time,
xoxoSavannah

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the first one with the field in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I love all your artwork-so hard to pick one! That food is making me drool hahah.....too bad about our team-so sad today :( xo chris

    ReplyDelete