Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A Peace of Mind

Boy it has been a while since I have posted!  One thing I have been working on lately (part of my 2012 goals) is a peace of mind.  The picture of the lotus flower that I painted above represents to many meditation, peace, enlightenment, rebirth, and joy.  I painted this flower as a sign of peace.  These flowers are very relaxing and beautiful.  Throughout the day I know my mind has a thousand things running through it and I tend to get caught up with the stress at work or whatever stress is around me.  One de-stresser that is sometimes associated with the lotus flower is yoga and meditation.
Over the past year I have been working out and doing yoga to help clear my mind (I highly recommend it if anyone has lots of stress or just a lot going on at once).  I am becoming more drawn to these flowers and hope to see them in person one day.  Until then I look at pictures online and sketch them and add different characteristics.
I think the next lotus flower I paint or draw will have some orange in it :)

Until next time, which I hope won't be very long!
xoxoSavannah

No comments:

Post a Comment