Monday, February 20, 2012

North Conway, New Hampshire, Oh How I Love You

I have been going to North Conway since I was very small.  It is by far my favorite place on Earth (so far). It is gorgeous no matter the season and there is always something to do! I am in my element when I am up there.  A few summers ago, I sat in the park and tried to sketch the train station.  It was so much fun! Here is a picture of the train station from this weekend.  The park is located directly in front, this is where they have concerts in the park, baseball games, and right now there is  a skating rink for the winter.
 Here are the sketches that I started.  I never finished but hopefully one day I will do a complete picture.

In town there is a coffee shop called The Met, and inside there are paintings all over the walls that you can look at and buy.  One day I took a picture of the outside of the building and when I got back to Rhode Island, I was trying to figure out what to draw one day and I randomly narrowed in on the small one way street sign haha.  That was what I drew that day:
I always find it funny that is what my eyes caught in the picture but hey at least it was something to draw!
Behind our house in New Hampshire there is a river.  My brother, sister, and I spent countless summer days playing back there.  We would spend the whole day finding old treasures (plates, bottles, old leather shoes, etc.) and we would build a bridge from one end to the other so we could walk across the water.  The bridges would never last because the water would take the logs we would use so the following weeks and weekends we would do it all over again.  It was amazing and so much fun!  This summer my brother, his friend, my sister, my brother-in-law, and I were down by the river relaxing.  The boys were all fishing, my sister was reading, and I was trying to draw the bridge.  Boy was it challenging!  There were lots of angles and shadows.  I never finished (because we walked down the river and then it was time for dinner) but like some of my pictures, I plan to try again and get further along someday.  Here is a picture of the bridge from the top of the hill.  When I was trying to draw it I was sitting on a big rock in the middle of the river.

Here are some more pictures I took this weekend.  There was a gorgeous picture of Mt. Washington this morning but I didn't get it.  I'll just have to go back and try to get it another day :)





xoxo Savannah

1 comment:

  1. I love it there too! One of my most favorite places! I love the time we spent at the house too, lots of fun memories.

    Great blog post!

    ReplyDelete