Monday, February 13, 2012

Bangles of Fun...My First Attempt

Lately I have been really into wearing bangle bracelets.  I don't own one yet, but I have fallen into the Alex and Ani craze!  I love wearing those types of bracelets, they are so much fun.  Two weeks ago, I bought 2 bracelets on the FrostedWillow etsy shop.  Her bracelets are beautiful!  I decided that I wanted to give it a whirl and try making a bracelet like that on my own.  After work I went to Michaels to pick out a few things:

I figured if I don't use any of this for a bangle bracelet I could always use them for the other bracelets that I make.  I had only used wire one other time and it hadn't seemed too bad, I figured it would be fun and wouldn't take too long.  Boy was I wrong!  I mean it was fun but two hours later I have a few holes in my fingers and the bracelet came out alright but I can't get the wire to stop twisting!  It is currently sitting under a candle to try and straighten itself out.  I had to throw a few pieces of wire away that I ended up twisting too much.  But so far, this is my first attempt:

It's cute but one thing I learned is that the wire itself needs to be a little thicker, it is too thin and may be a little long.  I look forward to making more and when I do I will be sure to put some pictures up!  Let me know what you think of my first try :)
xoxo Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment