Monday, June 25, 2012

Have Fun and Save A Lil For Any Occasion

One activity I have always enjoyed ever since I was little, has been making my own cards.  Whether it's for a holiday, birthday, or special event I love it!  I always find making cards to be a little more personal and fun.  I always try and think of the persons favorite color or what they may enjoy seeing for a picture/ design.
My cousin just graduated from high school and I decided to make her card instead of buying one.  I used the school colors and had fun with the letters.  Here is how her card came out:
 I wrote the inside notes in pink because I see her wear pink a lot.
 I used thicker paper for the card and then cut and pasted 2 pieces of paper on the inside for the note.  I decided to do a border of circles (they almost look like bubbles).  I went darker on the edges of the circles and lighter on the inside.
 When I was all done I tied the card with cord so the gift wouldn't fall out from the inside.

 I tried making a little signature on the back of the card.  It clearly needs a lot more work haha.
 These are 2 I did when I was a senior in high school.  I would do the largest bubble letters that are in the back ground first and then the smaller ones in the front right on top.  I always use pencil first so I can erase any line.  Then I color it.
I hope this gives you some ideas to make your own cards!
xoxo Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment