Sunday, June 10, 2012

Time To Say Farewell

This week at work one of my mom's co-workers and one of my trainers left for Seattle.  He was extremely nice and a pleasure to work with.  I had wanted to do something nice for him so I had told my mom I wanted to draw or paint him something to take with him.  Whenever someone would leave the Department of Education they would receive a print of the Shepard Clock that stands on the Washington Street side of the building because the Department of Education in Providence is in the old Shepards Department Store building.  They no longer do that because the picture stopped being printed.  I decided that's what I was going to draw.  I had originally wanted to draw the corner of the building with the entrance but there is so much detail and I didn't have much faith in myself in such a short period of time.
I was really nervous drawing the clock because I was giving it to someone and I figured many people that I worked with would end up seeing it.
I ended up drawing it in 2 days.  The first night I drew the basic outline in graphite.




Then the second night to finish it off I used a charcoal pencil.






I was so incredibly nervous but everyone at work loved it and actually want to commission me to draw another one for a woman who is leaving the end of June! So exciting!!
I hope you liked the clock as well, talk to you soon!
xoxo Savannah

4 comments: