Monday, June 4, 2012

If The Genes Fit....Paint

I always knew my grandmother was an artist.  It is a special bond I have with her and truly enjoy.  Growing up I saw few pictures she had painted, but it's been the past few years that I have seen a ton of her paintings.  She used acrylic paints like I do but she mainly painted landscapes, which at times I really struggle with.  Here are a few of her paintings:
 This one reminds me of New Hampshire.
 This is such an amazing picture, she didn't a great job with the water!
 And this one reminds me of Cape Cod.
You can't tell in these pictures, but one thing I love about her paintings are the texture.  Each of these are painted on canvas and you can feel the the acrylic on it.  There are some parts where the paint is layered more than others.  She has so many paintings but these were just a few of my favorites.
As my grandmother has been getting older, she hasn't painted.  I always love sharing my paintings and drawings with her.  It was funny, one time I was trying to draw a picture of a car and was having such a difficult time and my gran actually was pushing me out of the way to try drawing it herself haha!  A few of my cousins have a passion for art, and I love that art is something my family can share and enjoy together.  My cousin Rebecca has been drawing, getting into photography, and fashion design.  She has so much talent and I hope she uses it to the fullest and if she wants to pursue a career in art, I know she will succeed.
I hope to one day be the amazing painter that my gran is but, those are some very big genes to fill! :)
xoxo Savannah

1 comment:

  1. Such a great post! I love hearing these stories, and I learned something about Gran I never knew.

    Great Post!

    ReplyDelete