Thursday, July 5, 2012

Let Your Mind Wonder and Wander

I hope everyone had a fun and safe holiday!!

Painting abstract pieces has always been fun.  I am able to let my mind wonder and visualize something that doesn't have to make sense.  It reminds me of free writing in school.  When I was in school I never minded writing essays but free writing was always so hard!! Where do you start?  There were always a million ideas and topics but how could you choose the right one to write about?
Majority of the time abstract painting is exactly like that for me.  I know some writers keep a notebook with topics or jot down quick thoughts, I sketch out a quick picture on any scrap piece of paper near by.
This picture may be a little hard to see but I drew 4 different ideas with a pink pen and kept it near my art supplies.
I chose to try painting the picture that is right next to the scribbled part.


I went with the yellow and gray colors again haha.
Here is a different piece that I finished:


 It took some thought of what color to finish this picture.  Behind the yellow bottles it is painted a deep green, similar to evergreen.  I wanted to stick with the same idea, the painting is with all yellows, blues, and greens.  Since mixing yellow and blue together creates the green, I thought it would be a fun concept.  I love the page turn in this painting!  I was shopping in Maine one day and a color to a book had this concept and I fell in love with it.  I didn't care how I did it, I wanted to use that idea myself and have fun with it!

If I already have a picture started and new ideas pop into my head, I like to put a little sticky note near it for the next time I sit to continue working on that particular piece.

Hope you enjoyed some of the new stuff!
xoxo Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment