Monday, September 3, 2012

Take Control of Your Plans

Each time school starts back up I am always shopping for a really good planner.  There is always so much going on once school starts, the holidays, different appointments, specific shopping lists, and this year wedding plans!  Finding the right planner is always so difficult!  I am never happy with the one I buy because the set up is never exactly the way I wanted it and the planners are always so boring!  When I was in high school, we used to cover our school planners and even our notebooks with picture collages, just to make them more interesting.
This year I am deciding to take control of it!  I am making my own planner that fits me and my needs.
First, I found paper that was a little bit thicker than regular white printer paper and cut each page into the size I wanted.  I always end up keeping my planner in my pocketbook and the size is very important.  If I make it too small, I will feel that there is no room to write anything.  If I make it too big, it'll feel like I am carrying a big notebook with me wherever I go.  The next thing I did was organize how I would like the pages to be set up and start drawing the monthly calendar pages.  I enjoy making collages and to scrapbook.  I used some of my scrapbook pages and collaged some newspaper pieces together to make my planner more interesting to look at.
 The cover is not done, however I may leave it blank so I can doodle.

 I left room to draw something related to each month.  For September I drew a tree that I am going to paint.

 At the bottom of October I drew pumpkins (of course!)  I started to paint the stems and I think I am going to use color pencils for the rest.





This planner suits me, each month is written in a different color, there is room for me to sketch ideas, and I left blank pages in between some of the months.  I didn't leave blank pages between all of the months because I know I won't need that many, they are really for random to do lists.  Each month does have it's own note section just in case I have something specific.  The months closest to my wedding I left more blank pages because I'm assuming I am going to have more to do, more to write and more to plan when the time gets closer.  The blank pages are sometimes more useful then lined paper because I am a post-it note writer and this way I can stick the post-it any where on the page.  I also tend not to write on lines, I write upside down, in corners and around anything I need to.  Wherever I can fit it, I write it!

If you are able to take the time to make your own planner, I encourage it!  It is a lot of fun and you are able to make your planner for exactly what you need.

xoxo Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment