Monday, August 27, 2012

Fall In My Art World

Summer is always so much fun to go to the beach, lay outside in the sun, play in the pool, and enjoy summer vacation.  For me personally, this is all fun but summer gets too hot.  It's always a little sad to see summer go but....with September first basically here, that means Fall is approaching!!! If you hadn't read any of my blog posts from last Fall, this is my favorite time of year!!  The Patriots have already started their preseason games with their first season game on September 9th, my favorite coffee stop in New Hampshire, Aroma Joes, has already had my pumpkin chai for a few weeks, Starbucks will have their pumpkin spice chai next week, and I already saw pumpkin muffins at Dunkin Donuts this morning :)
I AM SO EXCITED!!
The past few weeks I have already started to paint some Fall pieces.  This time of year is my favorite, not just for the weather, football, food, and drinks, but also because the darker Fall colors are so pretty!  The leaves all turn these colors and there is orange everywhere!  I love drawing and painting pumpkins and right now is the time to start.  Here are a few I did last year:
 These 2 pumpkin pictures are drawn with pastels.  These 2 drawings are available on my etsy shop:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/SavvieDesigns


 These 2 pictures are painted with acrylic paint.
 Charcoal acorns:
 Acrylic paint:
 And graphite pencil.  This picture is one of my favorites around Halloween.
I have only just begun this years fun!!  Here is what I have so far:
 White acrylic single pumpkin.
 Fall colorful leaves on this tree.

 Acrylic painted sunflowers:
 Not quite sure if I am going to like the charcoal sunflowers on this leaf but I figured I would give it a shot.
I will keep you posted with these finished projects and many new ones to come!!  Be on the look out for these and many more on my etsy shop, after all you will need Fall decorations in the next few weeks ;)
xoxo Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment