Sunday, April 29, 2012

April Showers Bring May Flowers

I have been finally sitting down and painting a few new flower pictures for the Spring Barn Sale.  There are still a lot to do but this is all I have so far.
I have been absolutely loving the yellow/gray and the orange/gray color combinations this year.  They are so beautiful together!  I wanted to incorporate that into my flower painting.  For the first one I couldn't decided so I did both!
I didn't want the same shades of gray to be with both the yellow and the orange, so I mixed it up a little.  Since orange is a stronger and denser color to me I wanted to pair it with a lighter gray and yellow with the darker gray.  I thought if I paired yellow with the lighter gray they wouldn't contrast enough and almost wash each other out.  Here's how it turned out in the end:
All done and framed :)
Since I received tulips in my Valentine's Day flower arrangement, they have been on my mind.  So I painted a few with a different color combination:
This one only needs to be cut and framed and then I think the colors will pop more.
I have a few 5x7's I am working on but didn't get to finish today but I figured I'd give you an idea of what's to come:



I also painted a few smaller canvas on small easels.  I started a new job and wanted to make something for my desk and thought these would be perfect!
My gray and yellow with tulips:
 And my orange and blue:
 I had to take 2 pictures, one with the flash and one without the flash because the flash wasn't showing all of the different colors of the sun behind the wave.
That's all for now!  I hope everyone starts to enjoy the colors and flowers that are starting to pop up outside!  The grass looks so green it's wonderful!
Enjoy!!
xoxo Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment