Wednesday, November 23, 2011

There's Just Not Enough Time In The Day. Happy Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays.  There is so much food and I love to eat!  Some are traditional, some new, and some experimental but always delicious.  This holiday is also very important because it reminds us that we have at least one thing to be thankful for.  I know I have many things and I appreciate each and every one of them.  We always have Thanksgiving at my house and it is so much fun.  This year we have new twins added to the family and  it is their first Thanksgiving (they are 11 months old).  It is going to be very exciting to share this special day with them.  Before being able to enjoy the actual day, there is lots of preparation in the kitchen and out.  The Holiday Barn Sale at work is directly after Thanksgiving (starts on Tuesday night for us).  So it has been crazy at work!  We have all been running around and working so hard.
My brain has been non stop with thoughts and ideas on what to draw and paint.  I was driving to work and had an idea but the only thing I had to write it down on was my Starbucks cup at a red light.  You know what though, it works for me :)  Usually if I don't write the idea down right away I will NEVER remember it.  There has been by far WAY too many things going on in my head that I feel like my memory is shot!  Sometimes I may never act upon the idea but it's written down for a day that I may not know what to draw, I guess you can say I have a notebook of ideas.
I had only a few days left to get as much stuff done as I can before the Barn Sale at Mangiacotti.  And I really only had 2 days until my art space is consumed with desserts instead of pencils and paint!  The table I use to do my work always has to be cleaned and my stuff has to moved and packed up.  Since my dad has already reminded me a week ago.....I really have to get a move on!
Here are some pictures of what I have been working on:
 In the picture it is hard to tell around the rim and on the snow but I have glued sparkles like I did on the tree.  I have been experimenting with decorative plates.
 So far, this is one of my favorites, nice and simple.  I used pastels and colored pencils for it and the olive mat around the picture did the touch.
 All of the black in this picture I did with charcoal pencil and the rest was with pastels.
 It's hard to tell in the picture but the mat around the edge is a nice, almost jean blue.
 In the Fall I did a lot of painting on the fabric cloth canvas, so I figured why not try some of the Holidays.
 Another plate, but this one is still in the works.
3 more pictures that are in the works, they are just barely started. One is going to be a tree in the corner of a house, the other some birch trees and the last one a winter tree.  I still have a bunch to do and will be posting more pictures as I finish them.

I started some of these this morning before doing some work, a lil house cleaning and before baking.  I just put some Red Velvet Bars into the oven.  They look and smell amazing!  It's my first time making them.  Here is the web address where I found them if you would like to make some yourself!
http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/sandra-lee/red-velvet-bars-recipe/index.html

I hope everyone is able to enjoy the Thanksgiving festivities, the Black Friday shopping, the Cyber Monday shopping, and the transition into the next round of Holidays.  My art table is almost cleaned up, my time is up for now :)  I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe Thanksgiving tomorrow and eat lots of yummy food!  I know I will be!
xoxo Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment