Friday, November 11, 2011

Back To The Grind....Getting Ready For Christmas

It's that time of year again.  All of the stores are setting up their Christmas decorations, radio stations have already started to play Christmas songs, and I have already seen commercials for Christmas movies on TV. I personally am not quite ready to be decorating my room yet, Thanksgiving needs to happen first :)
But just like every other retail store, Mangiacotti's Christmas Barn Sale is right around the corner.  I can't even believe it!  The Barn Crew has been working non stop for weeks already in preparation for this sale.   It is going to take place the first weekend in December.  Since we are only a few weeks a way (I still can't believe it), I need to start drawing and painting some of my holiday winter pictures :)
I have some pictures of some of the pictures I did last year.  Unfortunately I only took pictures with my camera after they were set up, so the picture quality isn't too great but you will get the idea.  Here are a few that seemed to go over really well:




 Last year I tried painting a decorative plates, just to try something new.  I'm not too sure I will do that again but we will have to see.




This year I am going to try and redo a few of the same ones, and try some different pictures as well.  I'm hoping to start this week, I already have my list of ideas written down and my table is all set up.  I will keep you updated with some of my new holiday and winter pieces that I will be working on.  Let me know if there is anything you particularly like or if there is anything you would like to see me do.  I love suggestions!
xoxo Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment