Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What a Weekend!

This weekend was so busy and extremely exhausting but so much fun!  I am a substitute teacher during the day and I also work for a company called Mangiacotti, at nights, some weekends, and on days when I do not have a sub position.  I have worked for this company for many years and have grown within Mangiacotti throughout my time there.  The past few years I have been helping set up our Barn Sales.  3 times a year we set up our old Barn into a retail store.  Once in the Fall, once before Christmas, and once right before Mother's Day.
This weekend was the Fall Barn Sale.  It is really fun to set up and merchandise for because there is so much orange!  I have learned so much about merchandising and decorating from my boss Michele.  I wish I could have a job, without having to go to school for it, where I can just set stores up and decorate.  It would be absolutely perfect.  Here are some pictures of some of the displays I helped my boss with:




It was a great but exhausting 4 days!

Then Saturday night was my mom and my cousins' 3rd annual Shades of Pink Breast Cancer Fundraiser.   All of the proceeds get donated to the Gloria Gemma Breast Cancer Research Foundation.  There was a caterer, DJ, vendors, live auction, silent auction, and raffle prizes.  It was so much fun!  I had a vendor table with my art work and bracelets.  The fundraiser was a great success, it raised just under $15,000!  Here are some of the pictures from the night:





Next year I will post all of the information hoping some of you are able to come!  I am still trying to re-coop from this crazy weekend.  But I wouldn't have traded it for anything :)
xoxo Savannah

2 comments: