Saturday, October 15, 2011

Beautiful day...for decorating and colors

I absolutely love decorating!  I cannot wait to own my own house, apartment, condo..anything and go crazy and decorate the whole thing.  I hope my future husband, whenever I get married, realizes he won't have any control over the decorating haha.  I will of course ask his opinion and let him have some say, but not too much.
Until then, I have a really nice bay window in my room and last Fall I started decorating it.  I started buying decorations at the Barn (where I work) and didn't want to put them away for my eventual house.  So the bay window it was.  My room is a medium tone of purple but I didn't pay too much attention to the wall color with the decorations because these decorations are technically for the future.  But I did buy a strand of orange and purple halloween lights to string around the bay window.  It looks nice, it ties in the orange and purple, and I am a person who likes those colors together.
Orange and blue are my favorite contrasting colors.  The color purple consists of the hues red and blue.  The color orange consists of the hues red and yellow.  Since red and blue make purple, this may be why I think orange and purple look good together (depending on the tones of each however).  But it may not be who knows!  When I took a Design I class at RIC, it taught me how to mix colors using the hues red, blue, yellow, and then black and white.  My professor told me that at the end of the semester we mixed more than 300 colors!  I highly recommend that class it was wonderful.
Here are some pictures of my decoartions :)





The leaves that are underneath everything are the same decorative leaves I used to paint and draw on.  They are wonderful!  I really like to use them or other type of mats to place underneath decorations to break up the decoration and the surface.  It will make any display more interesting.  I hope everyone enjoys looking at these and hopefully it will inspire you to decorate or work with color in your home in some way or another!
xoxo Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment