Sunday, October 7, 2012

Shades of Pink Donation

During the Fall there is a concentration on breast cancer awareness.  Not too long ago I wrote a blog about the breast cancer fundraiser my mom and cousin founded.  Each year the event gets bigger and bigger, it's absolutely amazing what they have created!  This fundraiser and event is very close to the hearts of my immediate and extended family, it truly hits home.
I donate a piece of art each year.  In the past I have donated a Fall drawing, painting, and my sports hats.  This year I wanted to do something different.  I decided what would be better than a Shades of Pink vase of flowers!


This painting was put in a nice wooden frame with light green matting.  I chose green instead of pink because I wanted to pink flowers to stand out more and really pop.  I forgot to take a picture of the completed piece, but I am going to ask the woman who won if she could take a picture for me so I can post it for you to see.  When she won my painting she was really excited!  It was great seeing her reaction and the smile on her face!

We were all very tired from long night and days getting everything ready but the event was an absolute success!  It was so much fun and so many people came out to share the night with us.  We are still receiving donations but so far we have already made over $10,000!!
Here are some of the pictures from the event:
 The tables and the raffel tables all set up
 The servers:
Me and my VoVo
 My mom and my VoVo
 My mom and Sharyn the founders <3






 Yuuummmy cupcake :)


This weekend was also the annual Gloria Gemma 5k.  We had our own Shades Of Pink team!  In spirit of this I made some earrings to match our shirts:



 These little ones with the wrapped silver wire are my favorite!

 Mom and Sharyn holding our sign:
 Our Shades Of Pink team (we had a few people missing from the picture)
 Me, my mom and my sister:
 Sharyn and her daughter Kaitlyn:
 My mom and Sharyn again:

 Some of us after the race:
 Mom and Sharyn crossing the finish line:
If anyone is interested in it next year let me know!

Always,
Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment