Tuesday, November 13, 2012

And So It Begins

All of the stores and malls already have Christmas music and decorations up and in full swing.  With Thanksgiving being next week (that came so fast!), Christmas decorations are now on the brain.

For the Fall Barn Sale at Mangiacotti I drew these two acorn drawings:

The same woman bought both of them and I was told that she was raving about them and had wanted more but I hadn't made any more.  This gave me an idea I am currently working on for the holidays.  I know Thanksgiving hasn't come yet and I haven't drawn any Thanksgiving pictures yet but...I started my Christmas ones.

I personally loved my acorn drawings and was kind of hoping that I could keep them myself haha.  Since I liked them and another person did as well since they sold, I decided to draw some Christmas pictures along the same idea.  I have only done two so far but it is a little preview of what is to come in the next few weeks.
 I decided to go along the same idea as the sitting acorns and draw sitting bulbs/ornaments.
 These are drawn with graphite pencils.
 I wanted to try and add a little color but not much.  I used red and green pastels.  I'm not overly thrilled yet with out they have come out so far with color.  I think I need to still work on them and then see how they look in frames with mats.


 Here's one with a set of three ornaments.  I may keep these with only graphite and will try drawing some others with different ornament designs.

I will keep you updated and show you these as finished products next time.  I have many plans on Christmas/ winter drawings and paintings.  This holiday season is my favorite!
I have a bunch of new jewelry that I have been working on as well and will post about that next week.

Always,
Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment