Sunday, January 13, 2013

It's A New Year!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year!  Welcome 2013!! Woohoo!

Last year I started 2012 by making a list of goals that I wanted to achieve during that year.  It felt great and they all felt within reach just by having them on paper.  I kept that paper in my wallet until this New Years Day.  I went over my list from last year just to see if I actually did reach any of my goals and it made me smile because I had!  I was so excited that I reached a few of them, not all but I am happy with a few :)  Throughout 2012 I did look at my list a few times whenever I felt I needed motivation and to keep on track.  2 of the goals I reached were to sell at least one piece of art online and to start living a healthier life style.  I am really proud of those 2 goals!  So, to start off 2013 I made a new list for this year and can't wait to see what I will achieve.

This past year I have tried many new types of art.  I did some more abstract painting, I started making jewelry, and started to make a few hair clips.  I think I have enough different items for now.  I am going to concentrate on my drawing, painting, and jewelry for a while.  To start this year off I am going back to something I haven't done in a long time it feels.  Drawing in my notebooks.  Around the holidays and the barn sales, everything I was drawing or painting I was sticking into a frame.  I was drawing to frame it.  I'm going to take a break and draw whatever I would like with no perimeters.  Then in the end if I want to try and frame it, I will take care of it at that time.  I used to fill up my notebooks with charcoal drawings or just sketches and a lot of those I have put into my portfolio.  So for now, I am going to kick it a lil old school :)

I will continue to take pictures of the new drawings I have and share them with everyone.  I would like to think I will have a lot but bare with me during the wedding process because I only have 4 months to go :)  It is about to get a little crazy!

Here is, what I think, is an amazing and inspiring street art photo I found on pinterest.  I copied the website it came from so you can take a look at few more.
www.streetartutopia.com

If any one is interested in creating their own goal list for the year, I HIGHLY recommend it!  Give it a shot, you have nothing to lose and it is really fun!

Always,
Savannah

No comments:

Post a Comment